Invented in 1925, Sakura Color Products of Osaka, Japan, formulated Cray-Pas oil pastels with premium quality pigments, wax and oil. The motivation was to provide school children with a blend able, smooth textured art material to help promote creativity and self-expression. With innovation, first-class ingredients, and the belief of an individual's Power to Express™ at its core, the company expanded the family offering, which now consists of Junior Artist®, Expressionist®, and Specialist®.
Today, the finest elements continue to make up Cray-Pas oil pastels. And the Cray-Pas family is ideally suited to compliment technique and expression development from childhood through high school, college, and into the professional level.
Cray-Pas Specialist provides professionals a superb creamy texture that facilitates blend-ability, and can be used in combination with a variety of painting mediums. An exquisite range of colors are ideal for fine art, commercial art and illustration. Building up color to create shadows and depth, impasto and subtle color wash effects are possible with the use of Specialist Extender.
Cray-Pas Specialist features:
Cray-Pas Specialist availability:
- Extremely high concentrated pigment formulation
- Each Specialist is performance rated for light-fastness
- Enhances fine art drawing, commercial art and illustration
- A versatile square shape preferred by professionals sized:10 mm x 10 mm x 65 mm length
- 84 total colors - sold as open stock and in sets. View Color Chart here.
- Specialist Extender is available in a 12 stick set