About this Product
In the 1980s, Sakura surprised the pen industry with the invention of the first gel-based ink creating the first and original gel pen. The iconic, nostalgic Gelly Roll® line includes 20 colors (including 5 fluorescents) and 5 gray shades. The unique paint-like quality and performance of Moonlight is ideal for both white and dark papers.
In both fine and bold nib sizes, the Ice Cream Smooth™, opaque ink is perfect for writing in journals, decorating cards, pattern drawing, or detailed accents. Bold 10 nib is ideal for coloring and creating paint-like effects and the fine line 06 nib allows for the ink to dry with very little wait time, minimizing the risk of smearing.All colors are bright on white paper and produce outstanding effects on quality black paper. Along with vibrant fluorescent and bold colors, Sakura offers the widest range of neutral gray shades in gel pens. Use the gray ink to add subtle details, like shadows and highlights to artwork.
Note: Moonlight ink comes in two types: archival and fluorescent. Archival Gelly Roll Moonlight colors contain pigment-based ink – chemically stable, waterproof, and fade resistant. Fluorescent Gelly Roll Moonlight colors can fade if exposed to direct sunlight and glow under a black light.
- Notes, journals and letters
- Scrapbooking and crafts
- Most papers including coated paper, photographs, and vellum
- Drawing, doodling and coloring
- Fine point ideal for creating intricate tangle patterns on dark papers
- Fine: 0.3 mm fine line, 0.6 mm ball | Bold: 1.0mm ball with a 0.5mm line
- A roller ball pen that is easy and comfortable to write with
- No smears, feathers, or bleed-through on most papers
- Opaque ink shows well on dark, colored and white paper
- Archival Moonlight colors contain pigment-based ink – chemically stable, waterproof, and fade resistant
- Fluorescent Gelly Roll Moonlight colors glow under a black light, and can fade if exposed to direct sunlight
- Not recommended for use on fabrics intended to be washed and not evaluated for cosmetic use on skin
- Meets ACMI non-toxicity standards